Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: In the words of Vince Lombardi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    In the words of Vince Lombardi

    What the hell is going on out there and by there I mean Russia. You've got Medvedev extending terms to six years and the movement of missles to the Polish front.... There going to test Obama, Medvedev has already came out proclaiming he is much happier with Obama winning as opposed to McCain. Things are going to get interesting my friends, the Russians while now have moved away from communism do wish they had old mother Russia back and the Soviet Union. The situation with Georiga, now Poland, whats next? Ukraine? Do we step in and if so at what point? I hope Obama and his staff start getting support soon from Britian, France, Germany, and others.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: In the words of Vince Lombardi

    Very good points. It may go back to Czar times over there. The Russians are a proud, greedy people. Like wolves, they attack when they sense weakness. Luckily they can have a little too much pride that costs them.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: In the words of Vince Lombardi

    I just get the sense they are tired of being a "second tier" nation. Putin is an evil man, I'm very curious to see what the western response is to some of these actions.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: In the words of Vince Lombardi

    The western response will be what it has been for many decades, (or see the U.N. actions) lets see what the US can do to save us and then give them a little support.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: In the words of Vince Lombardi

    I've said on here many times Russia is crazy and are crazy enough to do anything. I would trust a habitual liar before i would Russia
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: In the words of Vince Lombardi

    The situation in Poland has been brewing for some time...that's not news to me. IMO, we've elected the right man for the job of dealing with the rest of the world..let's just hope he doesn't fay off and do what Bush did. I think we need to fix our own country before we try to fix the world tho.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #7
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: In the words of Vince Lombardi

    Just thought of something...isn't this kinda like the Cuban Missle Crisis..but just in reverse? I'm wondering why we see Russian missles in Cuba as a sign of aggression (which almost started a nuclear war) but at the same time feel that we have the right to plant missles in Poland (right outside of Russia) and don't call it aggression. The Russians are responding to a perceived threat to their country...and who can blame them? It isn't like we haven't done the very same thing in the past that they are doing right now.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: In the words of Vince Lombardi

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just thought of something...isn't this kinda like the Cuban Missle Crisis..but just in reverse? I'm wondering why we see Russian missles in Cuba as a sign of aggression (which almost started a nuclear war) but at the same time feel that we have the right to plant missles in Poland (right outside of Russia) and don't call it aggression. The Russians are responding to a perceived threat to their country...and who can blame them? It isn't like we haven't done the very same thing in the past that they are doing right now. </div></div>


    You may be the 1st person ever to try to paint Kennedy and Putan with the same brush


    The Cuban Missle Crisis was about keeping Russia from sending NUCALAR missials to Cuba (This was shortly after tha bay of pigs and it has been speculated that The USA's lack of promised air support in that deal emboldened Cuba and Russia to push the envolop a bit)

    It is my understanding that the US provided Missles in Poland are not Nucular or even balistic missles but anti missle missles

    There are differances and simularitys between the two and in all honistly it will probably be up to the President Elect to make the final call in this one (This coould be the situation that Bidan was speaking of when he said Obama would be tested early and may have to make an unpopular dission)

    I am sure that there are people on both the Dem and Rep side waiting to point the finger if things go bad BUT IMHO it is one of those tough dissions that will come down to a judgement call that will not be popular with everyone no matter what

  9. #9
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: In the words of Vince Lombardi

    Putin isn't the leader of Russia anymore...Medvedev is. And, the way I see it, there are too many similarities between the 2 instances to make much of a difference. In the 60's Russia moves missiles to Cuba over US objections and USA responds by moving missiles into Turkey. Present day USA puts missiles in Poland over Russian objections and Russia responds by moving missiles to their front with Poland. Like I said, it seems to me like the Cuban missile crisis in reverse. And, given the lies the current administration has told not only to the world, but to its own people, how is anyone to know what kind of missiles are in Poland. Furthermore, how do you think the US would respond to a foreign country moving "defense" missiles to a US border? My bet is the US would in turn move missiles to counter the threat....just like Russia has done. So, the current crisis isn't an analogy of Kennedy and Putin..but more of an analogy of Kruschev and Bush..which is a pretty good analogy. Cuz, after all, both are the aggressors.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: In the words of Vince Lombardi

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Putin isn't the leader of Russia anymore...Medvedev is.</div></div>

    Do you really belive that?


    As far as the rest of the argument goes I agree that there ARE simularitys BUT there are also HUGE differances and it will be a big task for Obama to take on becouse reguardless of the dission he makes he will piss a bunch of people in this country and around the world off but it goes with the job and I am sure he knows it and will do what he feels is best

    You will NOT see me complaning about this dission no matter how it works out becouse IMHO I can see both sides of the issue and can't come to a clear dission myself as to what should be done (It is a tough one)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •